Academic Strategies Program
designed to unlock potential
The Academic Strategies Program is designed to fit seamlessly into each student’s schedule to better serve her at every stage of her educational experience. This comprehensive program encourages each girl to be her most successful self, regardless of her learning profile. Each one-on-one session will incorporate one or more of these program components:
- Academic Coaching helps students develop the executive functions they need to be successful. Time-management is supported through goal setting and advance planning while students also learn how to organize their materials, resources, and ideas to meet those goals. The mission of the Academic Strategies Program is for students to internalize this instruction to develop self-discipline and motivation.
- Strategy Instruction is individualized for each girl. A student may learn simple tools for writing, memory, or problem solving, depending on her areas of need. Strategies are designed to give students the tools necessary to approach tasks with a plan in place, and with confidence! Additional areas for Strategy Instruction may include:
- Reading for comprehension
- Mathematics algorithms
- Creating a project outline
- Note taking
- Study skills
- Content Area material and skills are reinforced by the Learning Support Specialist. The classroom teacher and specialist will work together to coordinate their support of the student’s content area needs.
- Basic Skills Reinforcement offers students the opportunity to learn and practice skills that may have been previously underutilized. Improving these skills allows students to be better prepared to meet their current academic expectations.
Tier One Cost
Tier Two Cost
Cost shown above is for the 2017-2018 school year.
* Oldfields Strategies Plan (OSP) is an individualized plan with robust information on a student’s areas of strengths and needs with specific recommendations for support and accommodation
By offering flexible movement between the tiers in the Academic Strategies Program, each girl receives exactly the support she needs, exactly when she needs it.
Let’s unlock that potential together – starting now!
Please direct Academic Strategies Program questions to Dean of Faculty Helen M. Fitz, FitzH@OldfieldsSchool.org or 443-662-1071.
Contact the Admission Office
If you are contacting us for the first time, please begin the process by either completing the Request Information Form, or by calling our Admission Office at 410-472-4800. Once we receive your inquiry, we will mail you a view book. All application instructions, and necessary application forms are available on-line.
Director of Admission and Enrollment Management
Associate Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Senior Associate Director of Admission
Assistant Director of Admission