Oldfields School is committed to the intellectual and moral development of young women. In a culture of kindness and mutual respect, we encourage each student to make the most of her academic and personal potential. We seek to guide each student to grow in character, confidence, and knowledge by encouraging her to embrace the values of personal honesty, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility.
Our motto – Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart, are the core values and beliefs that define our school culture.
Oldfields School is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking to provide our students with the best faculty and administration available. We seek applicants who are open to professional growth and are committed to our mission and motto.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and references in pdf format to Human Resources, The Oldfields School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: July 26, 2019
Report: Student Life Team
Oldfields School, an all girls’ international boarding and day school, grades 8-12, located in northern Baltimore County, is looking for an experienced School Counselor. This is an outstanding opportunity for a person with a high degree of integrity and a deep commitment to the value of a single sex independent school education.
The School Counselor plays an integral role in supporting students’ academic, social, and emotional growth at Oldfields. Adolescence is a time where students face both personal and developmental challenges that have an impact on their academic growth, and the school counselor works with students to help develop a plan to navigate life’s daily challenges. The mission of the School Counselor is to implement a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program aligned with the school’s mission to ensure each girls’ success through courage, humility, and largeness of heart. To achieve this, the School Counselor meets students on an individual basis, as well as in a group setting, while also collaborating closely with the Dean of Students, the Director of Health Services, and the School’s consulting psychologists.
This is a full-time, exempt 10-month position requiring work and on-call hours outside of regular business hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with administrators and faculty to identify students who would benefit from individual counseling sessions.
- Work with students to develop strategies to address social-emotional issues that may be caused by a variety of different reasons, including but not limited to academic, family, and peer issues.
- Provide one-on-one brief counseling to students.
- Work with the Director of Health Services and the student’s family to refer the student to the school’s consulting mental health professional, or, if appropriate, another outside mental health provider.
- Act as a liaison between the mental health provider and the student’s immediate team to coordinate how to best support the student at Oldfields.
- Attend team meetings to discuss students of concern and help create and implement a plan of action and support.
- Preserve confidentiality for students and families on mental health issues.
- Create and implement group and classroom guidance lessons for all students based on grade level needs.
- Assist in creating educational curriculum to enhance the residential life programs.
- Provide crisis intervention and assessment as needed.
- Provide programming and education to students, parents, and faculty on topics related to emotional health and wellness within a high school community.
- Adhere to and assist in enforcing all school policies and procedures.
- Promote the mission of the school.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned for housing arrangement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in counseling, Licensed Social Work, or psychology.
- Experience/training in a middle/high school environment is preferred.
- Willingness to work within a boarding school schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to effectively listen, respond, and present information to students, parents, and faculty.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone, face to face, and electronically.
- Shows strong organizational skills.
- Takes initiative.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Has strong computer knowledge and is proficient in Word, Excel, and email.
Interested candidates should send résumé, cover letter and references in pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference the position being applied for in the subject line. Onsite interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires. Oldfields School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. On-campus housing is also available. Oldfields is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Updated: May 29, 2019
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Oldfields School, an all-girls international boarding and day school, grades 8-12, located in northern Baltimore County, is looking for an experienced Technology Support Assistant. This is an outstanding opportunity for a person with a high degree of integrity and a keen interest and deep commitment to the value of a single-sex independent school education.
The Technology Support Assistant’s role is to assist in the maintenance of computers, printer, phones and networking equipment and support the users with hardware and software issues.
This is a part-time, year-round position required to work between 20 to 30 hours per week. Hours available to work may have some flexibility, but core hours are between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide technical support for administrators, faculty, staff, and students
Provide project support for all technology projects
Configure school computers, specific to the needs to the department/user it is being assigned to
Migrate data between devices
Conduct software upgrades on computers, networking equipment, and printers
Monitor the health of the network through the management console, and resolve issues in a timely manner
Monitor and maintain operating system security patches and virus policies for all computers
Help administer user accounts for all systems
Assist with configuring all student-owned equipment on the network
Troubleshoot and repair computers, printers, copiers, and network equipment
Respond to and work on special projects as needed or requested by department head
Assist in the implementation test environments for special software and lab images
Perform other assignments as necessary
Minimum of 2 years of college. Associate’s Degree in ISM or Network Management is preferred
Computer networking certificates in various categories is a plus
Experience troubleshooting and using Windows, Mac OS X, and Windows Server operating systems
Experience with Networking equipment and Firewalls
Knowledge of wireless networks implementations and configurations
Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, peripherals, and related technologies
Strong technology literacy
Ability to explain technical jargon to general audiences
Familiarity with LDAP, DNS, Active Directory, POP, TCP/IP, and HTTP is a plus
Effective, appropriate, and timely communication
Customer service driven is a must
Requires a high amount of professional confidentiality (due to the access we have to the school’s data)
Thorough documentation of processes in the Technology Department
Must be able to work with multiple distractions and changing priorities
Must be able to work occasionally during off-peak hours
Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and references in pdf format to Oldfields School at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position being applied for in the subject line. Onsite interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires. Oldfields School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Oldfields is an Equal Opportunity Employer.