Oldfields School is committed to the intellectual and moral development of young women. In a culture of kindness and mutual respect, we encourage each student to make the most of her academic and personal potential. We seek to guide each student to grow in character, confidence, and knowledge by encouraging her to embrace the values of personal honesty, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility.
Our motto – Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart, are the core values and beliefs that define our school culture.
Oldfields School is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking to provide our students with the best faculty and administration available. We seek applicants who are open to professional growth and are committed to our mission and motto.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and references in pdf format to Human Resources, The Oldfields School at email@example.com
Essential Job Functions:
- Positively represent the school in all interactions with students, parents, employees, and the larger community.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner; screen and direct calls appropriately. Maintain general awareness of staff location and vacation schedules so calls may be directed appropriately.
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner, maintain guest sign in procedure, and connect them with appropriate individuals.
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to students, parents, colleagues and the school.
- Sign for and log in all packages delivered to the front desk (typically FedEx). Transfer packages to the mailroom at mid-day and sort, as needed. Open the mailroom for UPS and USPS. Perform “Mail Forwarding” when necessary.
- Respond to email in assigned inboxes within one business day.
- Make coffee in the morning and maintain coffee supply throughout the day.
- Maintain a professional appearance when at work, including appropriate dress and demeanor.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the reception and parlor areas.
- Closing Receptionist duties each evening:
- Lock small Admissions refrigerator in the AOD Office and lock office.
- Press cover button on phone, unplug receiver and lock receiver up in Admission kitchen.
- Wash coffee pots and clean up the kitchen.
- Lock Admission kitchen.
- Turn out all but one light in the Front Parlor and one light in the front desk area.
- Report attendance to security during emergency response drills.
- Order Admission kitchen supplies (coffee, half and half, cream, sugar, tea, etc.) from FLIK, as needed.
- Maintain all plants in “Jungle”, AOD Office and Front Parlor.—water, prune, spray as needed.
- Coordinate and ensure front desk coverage when leaving for extended period of time.
- Assist with general administrative tasks given by any department as needed, and regularly for the Head’s Office, Development Office and Business Office.
- Stuff, stamp and seal envelopes for various mailings including graduation invitations and invitations for special events. Cross-check envelopes against mailing lists for accuracy.
- Alphabetize and sort name tags for school events several times a year (Fall Family weekend, Grandparent’s Day, Alumnae Day and other gatherings.)
- Wraps gifts, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Generate and display a “welcome” sign for all Admission visitors 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Welcome Admission guests & visiting families, offer refreshments and use of restroom. Have families confirm their information on file when giving them their name tags. Notify the appropriate Admission Officer of the family’s arrival.
- Prepare “welcome” gift bags for all Admissions visitors 24 hours prior to arrival. Bags and “welcome” sign are given to visiting student when family leaves.
- Manage Student Admission Ambassador tasks and check-ins daily.
- Coordinate with the Admission Database Analyst to mail information packets to prospective families weekly.
- Prepare Admission travel materials weekly for admission officers.
- Each Friday afternoon, send an email to all faculty about visitors for the upcoming week.
- Keep Admissions refrigerator and supply stocked with soda, juice, and Oldfields water.
- Facilitate various Admission mailings by organizing and preparing materials to be mailed.
- Assist with preparation for Admission events, as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent. AA degree in Administrative Science or related discipline preferred.
- Two years of experience performing receptionist and general administrative duties.
- Strong hospitality/phone skills as follows:
- Friendly, pleasant demeanor and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle difficult callers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to assess callers’ needs and refer/transfer to the appropriate individual to handle.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and Google’s G-Suite.
- Ability and/or experience with operating a multi-line switchboard phone system properly and efficiently.
- Detail-oriented with a strong ability to work with numbers, dates, names, addresses and other information with minimal margin of error. Ability to review and edit mistakes effectively.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to maintain professional personal appearance and maintain a clean and neat personal work space.
- Physical ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. at one time, preferred.
Classification: This position is a full time, non-exempt position.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
The Oldfields School is an Equal Opportunity Employer