I understand that the above fee(s) will be deducted from my daughter’s debit account at the time this contract is signed by me and received by the School. I also understand that it is my responsibility to ensure an adequate account balance is in my daughter’s debit account. In the event her debit account does not have sufficient funds, I do understand my daughter will be denied any opportunity to participate in School programs and/or activities that have associated costs, until such time that her account is replenished.
I agree to accept the following terms and conditions of this contract:
1. Parents/Guardians who withdraw a student for any reason and parents/guardians of students who are absent from the lessons or who are dismissed from School for any reason are not entitled to any refund of the fee, either in total or partial, in as much as the absence of a student does not materially decrease the expenses of the School and services contracted for well in advance.
2. In committing to a trimester session, it is expected that the student attends all weekly sessions. Should an illness or other major conflict arise, the student must give her instructor 24 hours' notice. If the student cancels due to illness, she should accompany the cancellation with a note from the school nurse. In order to ensure that cancellations are communicated properly, students should inform the Performing Arts Department Chair of their cancellations as well as the instructor. If for any reason the instructor is unable to attend a lesson, he/she will contact the student. Provided proper notification is given via e-mail, phone call, or in person, the lesson will be made up at the end of the trimester.
3. The School cannot and does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of a student’s personal property.
4. This contract must be executed and returned to the School no later than the first day of the new trimester. Otherwise, the contract is considered withdrawn.
5. The School reserves the right unilaterally to cancel the Private Music Lesson Program for any reason including inadequate staffing, insufficient student participation, and including the safety and welfare of the students. In the event of such cancellation, the School will refund the quarterly fee.